Instructions for a member while
sending application to Employees' Provident Fund.
» Use the appropriate form for
claiming Provident Fund Pension, withdrawal
benefit/scheme certificate, Employees' Deposit
Linked Insurance benefit, etc. as given below :-
- Form-19 : To claim final
settlement of Provident Fund by a member.
- Form-20 : To claim
Provident Fund by nominee/legal heir on death of
- Form-10-D : To claim
pension. (In duplicate : If within state, In
triplicate : If outside state.)
- Form-10-C : To claim
withdrawal benefit/scheme certificate under
Employees' Pension Scheme '95.
- Form-5IF : To claim
assurance benefit under Employees' Deposit
Linked Insurance '76 by nominee/legal heir of a
- Form-31 : To claim
temporary withdrawal/advance under Employees'
Provident Fund scheme '52.
- Form-13 : To effect
transfer of Provident Fund/Pension from one A/C
» Ensure that all columns of the
application are filled completely.
» Information in the application
form relating to name, a/c no. should agree with the
details available with Employees' Provident Fund
Organization; which were furnished by the employer
at the time of enrolling to Provident Fund.
» Application should be signed
by the member/claimant.
» It should be attested by the
former employer. In case attestation by the former
employer is not possible, it should be got attested
by any other authorized official specified with
» Application for final
settlement can be sent by a member on completion of
2 months from the date of leaving service, if the
reason for leaving service is other than
superannuation, medical ground, retrenchment and
V.R.S./ Female members getting married etc.
» Desired mode of payment can be
given legibly, if the amount involved is more than
Rs. 2000/-. The amount will sent by deposit in
payees' bank a/c. To facilitate this, Bank a/c no.,
name and address of the bank should be furnished. An
advance stamped receipt should also accompany this
» Application may be supported
by the return Form-10, showing the details of
leaving service and details of contribution for the
year in Form-3A, if not sent earlier by the
SPECIFIC ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT
» Death cases:-
Certificate of the employer stating whether the
death was while in service of the member or not.
- Nominee/legal heir should apply in Form-20
- If the member has not executed any
nomination, application should be supported by
certificate of family members issued by
employer/revenue official/sworn in an affidavit
by the family/ member/legal certificate from a
court of law.
- Death certificate of the member.
» Pension cases:-
- Joint photograph of member/spouse or the
claimant should accompany the application.
- Option for return of capital/commutation
should be specified clearly.
- Details of non-contributory period during
the service, wages/salary for last 12 months
should also accompany, if not already sent.
- Details of the branch of the specified bank
may be given legibly.
- Date of birth certificates of children
- In case of death away from service, an
undertaking by the claimant to the effect that
the member was not working / had not worked in
any other covered establishment after exit from
the establishment on the basis of which pension
is being claimed.
Important instructions for
filling the Claim Forms
- Furnish the correct information in the
relevant columns of the Claim form.
- Use Blue/Black ink to fill the claim form.
- Fill the columns in BLOCK LETTERS.
- Please avoid overwriting.
- Full residential address should be given in the
- Member's name, Father/Husband name and Date of
Birth of the member should correlate with Form 9, 5
details furnished at the time of enrollment.
- The Savings Bank Account Number, Name of the Bank
with FULL ADDRESS with MICR Number(if applicable) to
be furnished clearly in BLOCK LETTERS in Column
- All required enclosures to be attached to the
claim and the employer to attest all the attached xerox copies.
- Where the settlement amount is more than
Rs.2,000/-, the claimant cannot opt for Money Order
as mode of payment.
- If the withdrawal is preferred by the member, it
should be in Claim Form 19.
- In cases where the claim is preferred by
nominees/Legal heirs of the members, it should be in
Claim Form 20.
- All advances/withdrawal for various purpose
during the membership in the Fund should be
preferred in Form 31 alongwith the enclosures given
in the instruction form.
- In case of membership under Employees Pension
(i) where the membership is less than 10 years,
option should be clearly indicated in the Column
Number ( ), either for withdrawal benefit or for
Scheme Certificate in Claim Form 10C.
(ii) in case of drawal of pension, the claim in Form
10D should be preferred.
- The claimant should affix his signature/Thumb
impression in the certificate portion before the
- The claimant should also affix his signature in
the Advance Stamped receipt column, wherever the
Provident Fund/withdrawal payment is more than
Rs.5,000/-., the signature should be appended after
affixing Revenue Stamp.
- The claim forms should be attested by the
authorized signatory of the establishment duly
affixing the seal and after due verification of the
all the columns filled in the Claim Forms.
- No joint Savings Bank Account, either or
survivor account is permitted. The Savings Bank
Account, should be in Claimant's name.
- Copy of First page of S.B. account pass book to
be enclosed as proof.
- In case of Provident Fund(P.F) beneficiaries are
minor, the Savings Bank account should be in
- MICR Number may be furnished wherever ECS
facilities are available for speedy settlement.
- Form 3A for the current year contribution with
due attestation of the employer/Authorised signatory
to be invariably enclosed with the Claim Form.
- While joining an establishment, furnish the
details of previous employment, if any, with
previous Provident Fund account number and Scheme
- Execute Form 2 on joining an establishment/in
case of change of nominee with details of self,
nominee for Provident Fund and Pension and details
of family, so that it is forwarded to Employees'
Provident Fund Organisation by the employer.
- Ensure that Provident Fund is deducted at
statutory rate from the total wages i.e. basic,
Dearness Allowance (including cash value of food
concession), and retaining allowances, if any.
- Filled in applications may be submitted through
post / courier or in person to the PRO wing of the
Regional Office / Sub Regional Office.
- The claims submitted in full complete shape will
be processed and settled within 30 days of
- Claim settlement information is placed in the EPFO website www.epfindia.com and
- For any further assistance / inquiry, the Public
Relation Officer of the Regional Office / Sub
Regional Office can be approached on all working
days in person or through phone.
- To get your current claims status Click on "Know
your Claim Status".